Blog comment and moderation guidelines
When posting comments, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- be respectful of others who use this site
- stay on topic
- keep comments concise
- do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- do not use this site for party political purposes (this site is paid for with public money so it’s inappropriate to engage in party-political activity)
- please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals
- do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- do not attempt to log on using another user’s account
- do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication
If you are aged 16 or under, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before participating. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate.
Blog comments are pre-moderated to check they comply with the blog participation guidelines above. If comments don’t comply they will not be published.
Here is a brief outline of how we evaluate comments.
Is this comment on topic, does it add value to the discussion and can the MMO answer publicly? If so, post a timely response within 24 hours.
Is this person asking for information or offering feedback relating to another part of the MMO's work, or the organisation as a whole? If so, we’ll pass the query on and ensure it is dealt with as quickly as possible. We will update the user on progress if relevant.
Does this comment raise an issue with a tool or transaction process provided by the MMO? Or is it reporting a bug or performance problem? If so, we'll alert the team responsible for fixing the tool, transaction or issue and tell the user this has been done, if relevant.
Is this comment a rant at the MMO, or another part of Government, venting frustration or anger? If so, we will discuss with our customer services team, referring to the participation guidelines.